Friday, January 28, 2005

happy happy character sketches

Wow, the past couple of days have been a gentle spring breeze for my writing. I have so loved being able to immerse myself in developing characters for *Shann*, and it has given me a much greater depth of worldbuilding too, as I discover who lives where and with whom and what their relationships to each other are. I am trying to develop a complicated world, hoping it will spawn a complicated story that will be great fun to write. I wrote over 4K in sketches in two days!

I have also received a pleasant and informative email from Kathy Tyers in response to my letter of a couple of weeks ago, and have passed it along to those who wanted to see it. What do you think?

Pretty much all our snow is gone. The weather hasn't dipped below freezing for a week and a half. This is so NOT like winter in Canada. As usual during calving, we've got a full day of farm work planned for tomorrow. The water line is still giving problems. Short of digging the whole thing up, I'm not sure what we can do. The pipe at both ends (house and trough) is fine, but somewhere in between we've got a clog of some sort. Water does move through, but slowly. And with the snow melted and the puddles evaporated, the cows do need water. The fog has kept the grass (yes, they're eating grass!) moist, and yesterday it rained. Today it was *just* overcast. It seems like if it's not one thing, it's another here on the farm.

No comments: