Monday, June 20, 2005

Mind Games

Outlines and I have been having some difficulties the past month or so. I get the idea that my sub-conscious is just LOOKing for the word outline so it can sabotage my efforts. But still, I'm a writer who needs a road map. I'm approaching the end of the first draft of the most complicated novel I've done yet (out of five), and there are a number of things that need to be tied together. I *need* an outline. The outlines are evading me.

Today I wrote six chapter descriptions. Please note. This is NOT an outline. But these lovely little descriptions have the power within them to see me through to the end of this draft. I discovered a new, quite minor character that needs to be mentioned earlier in the story, and I know where, but other than him, everything needed is pretty much in place now. It will be a lot of fun to run my cast of characters through the hoops set out for them. Mwahaha.

Jim's home from his first set of night shifts, and doesn't work again until Friday day shift. Tomorrow we have a funeral to go to.

1 comment:

Maripat said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs.

As for the outli--I mean chapter descriptions, Great Job!