Friday, September 23, 2005

The chapter is finally conquered!

It took three days of wrastling with words, but the massive rewrite chapter (3269 words) is in place. At least the first draft of it is. Now I can finish up the last few chapters, in which I don't think there are any huge problems, just minor adjustments. At least in comparison!

Then it will be time for another read-through, to see if things blend together better. It's been a couple of months since I've looked at the first chapters, so I'm having trouble remembering all the nuances I was working with in subplots. I've been losing the trees for the forest in the last couple of weeks.

Special thank you goes out to Karen for putting up with me in Yahoo Chat for a couple of hours, helping me hammer through this scene. I hope you'll think it was worth it!

In other news, my shoulder and neck are killing me again. Unfortunately, someone around here has to do chores. I've rooked my nephew in a couple of times, but he doesn't live close enough to pitch in easily or often. I felt almost as good as new for the better part of a week, and I'm really not very happy about this set-back. Jim will be home by chore time tomorrow for four days, and then we have to come up with a better plan for his next set. We can't sell calves for about three more weeks, so it will be awhile before a natural break comes. (Last set there was still some grazing, at least to supplement, but it's all gone now.) Once the calves are sold, half the cows will go, too, and it will be much easier for Jim to set things up for four days for ten animals instead of forty.

Glad to hear that my friend Lisa has safely evacuated from Rita's path. Any of my other readers affected by this storm?

1 comment:

Jean said...

Thank you for posting about Lisa. I was concerned about her.