Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Creston Mapes' first book

From time to time I've had the opportunity to blog about something new in Christian publishing. And from time to time there really IS something new. One of the most unique releases I've come across recently is DARK STAR: Confessions of a Rock Idol by Creston Mapes.

I haven't yet had a chance to read Creston's book, but I will be if I can get my hands on a copy, even though it doesn't really look like my first choice genre. I'm wondering how my son and teenage nephews might like it. This is how Creston himself describes his story: "Dark Star is a wild ride! It's a first-person account - a memoir-style novel - about a drug addicted, millionaire rock star named Everett Lester. He is on trial for the first degree murder of his personal psychic. Everett begins getting letters from a Christian girl in Topeka, Kansas - and without wanting to admit it, he finds hope in those letters. Dark Star is Everett's story about his troubled youth, his world-famous band, DeathStroke, his popularity and riches, his discontentment, his dabblings in the psychic realm, and his ultimate decision to accept or reject Jesus Christ as the Lord of his life."

The first chapter is posted on Creston's website. Go read it; you know you want to!

No comments: