Friday, November 25, 2005

46012

It's interesting. This first draft actually won't be much longer than 50K, but I also don't think I'll have trouble hitting it to start with. Two chapters left to write, and the final one will likely be a bit shorter as it wraps things up. Some threads are already being tied off in today's chapter. I'm a little surprised to be so close to the end of the story, but not worried about lengthening the book to make a more saleable length. My habit is to write short and weave more in later, and this will be no exception, though I do believe I did better than usual at description as I went along.

I wonder what I'll spend December doing, after all? I'm sure my critiques for False Perceptions won't be back that much too early. Hmm.

First I'll finish this, then I'll worry about that. Deal.

4 comments:

Karenee said...

Hey! Congrats on writing so much, so fast! I guess I get to read it sooner than expected, eh?

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Valerie, you go girl! What an exciting thing!

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks, Gina! And Karen, it all depends on what you expected, eh? :O

Karenee said...

Heh, according to your calculations I was going to have to wait longer than this. *grin*