Wednesday, February 22, 2006

23252

I finally hit a sweet spot on the revision! I don't know how long it will last, but I thoroughly enjoyed tidying up chapter seven today. I know there are rocky spaces up ahead again, but for today, I rejoice.

Customers were polite enough today to allow me time to work on the 2yn assignment too. I'm really enjoying the prep work on Puppet Prince. It's hard to pace myself and not give too much attention to it, and yet keep the momentum going as well. Waiting until November to write the thing is going to be difficult; I can already see that. My plot is starting to complicate itself, which can only be a good thing at this stage. This week's assignment is about the characters and what their involvement is with the theme of the novel: whether they believe in it or not. My main theme turned out to be compromise, and it seems that my cast of characters have varied opinions on that. Some of them are good at compromise and some are idealistic. Some believe everyone else should compromise so long as they get what they want. They all have differing amounts of compassion (the secondary theme) as well. So far I'd say that they truly aren't the same people with different parts to play. As one of my sisses is fond of saying, "If you agree on everything, one of you is unnecessary." So far the cast is made of individuals. Loving it.

1 comment:

Karenee said...

I've been reading your stuff! It's very good. I like it!