Thursday, March 30, 2006

85K and counting

I completed chapter 28 of the Big Revision today. 27 and 28 are a little choppier; I'm trying to decide if that is okay. They certainly contain a major swell to the crest of the novel so there is a lot of action in them. I'll need to make a decision when I skim read the novel before sending it out to critters. I have a few other (minor) things to add or change during that read: things I realized could get a hint or mention in a specific spot that would set something else up a bit later. I hate to have wasted, unlinked things in there. I don't believe a whole lot in fancy dressing just for the sake of it. It all needs a purpose. With that in mind, I expect to be done this pass by Easter--maybe even next week--which will give me a bit of time to glance back through before kicking it back out the email door.

One of the projects I want to work on later in April is to start building myself a webpage. I'll be shopping for my host and url soon and have some ideas what I'll do there. I know, I know. It's scary. I'm the gal that was stymied by her BLOG for a couple of weeks. So is there some kind of reason NOT to bite off more than I can chew? :O At least I won't inflict this site on you all until there's something to see, though I expect it will be rather basic for awhile.

What kinds of things do YOU think would be good to find on an as-yet-to-be-published writer's page?

1 comment:

Katie Hart - Pinterest Manager said...

Quick synopses of your yet-to-be published works, perhaps a sample chapter or two, discussion of novels and writing books you love, some cool and helpful links, bio page, why you write, etc.