Friday, April 21, 2006

the never-ending story

I'm not sure why I assumed I could read through the entire 105K of False Perceptions in a day or two, cleaning up minor edits as I went. Two full days in and I have completed chapter 22 of 34. Sigh.

I have found some tremendously interesting things. I'm still killing off commas left, right, and center. I'm guessing I'm down to 20% of the original ones. Probably I've eliminated some useful ones. Grr.

Unclear pronouns have surfaced as well. What *she* are we talking about in this paragraph? How come I never noticed that I used the same descriptive word four times in two paragraphs? And best of all was discovering someone scramblinging for something. Gotta love it.

So, my patiently waiting readers. A few more days. This little whip-through pass appears to be a vital one!

3 comments:

Karenee said...

Oh, but scramblinging is so fun!

Erin M. Hartshorn said...

I'm snickeringing here.

Valerie Comer said...

Yeah yeah yeah, laugh now.