Thursday, July 20, 2006

Okay, here's the deal

Just in case you care! We bought a laptop about a month ago. I get to share it with hubby, so when he's working out of town, he takes it with him. (It gives him a place to watch dvds, play games, and listen to music.) When he's home, I get to use it. That's been a lot lately because of haying, but that's another (much longer) post.

I've really enjoyed having the laptop on the kitchen table where I can poke at edits and things while waiting for dinner to cook or whatever. Besides, its cooler in the kitchen than upstairs in my office. You may also recall that I bought a flash drive.

A wonderful combination in the right hands. Yesterday, my hands were not the right hands. At the end of six hours of editing, I copied my file of Marks from the hard drive to the flash drive. Or at least, that's what I thought I'd done. Instead, I copied from the flash drive to the hard drive, effectively erasing a day of work. Thankfully the flash drive was only out the one day.

Today I have re-done yesterday's work and added a bit more, but of course, I'm still not done.

I did read about half of Ammit though. You all remember you saw it here first. One day M.S. Sluyter will be a famous YA author.

2 comments:

Maripat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maripat said...

heheh...thanks for kind words. You have more faith in me than I do. I'm looking forward to critiquing Marks.