Monday, September 11, 2006

Still here

I really haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I really am still making progress on a variety of fronts. Writing blog posts seems to be the part that's suffering most.

Nearly finished the crit for Maripat's novel.

I'm poking away at the opening scene for Quest to be Queen. In first draft you just jump in and write, especially when it's Nano, but now I'm seeing that was one short scene should be more like four scenes. Plenty happens *before* the quest to set the stage. So my brief creative moments are focused there.

Recipe testing and answering forum emails and uploading recipes and photos is very time-consuming. You'd think I'd have guessed that, right? And I'm trying to build spreadsheets for tabulating and organizing results. Poor Mar. There are days I'm sure she wishes I had more basic tech smarts.

No comments: