Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Vacation photos

Well, we're back after six days of crazy busy vacation. Now we need to recuperate! I've divided my favorite photos from the last week into separate blog entries for your viewing pleasure.

 

We caught the most glorious sunset over the ocean the first evening we were there (Thursday). I took probably thirty photos and saved a third of them. I'll spare you the rest! Posted by Picasa

 

Starfish everywhere along the rocks at low tide, and lots of anenomes as well. There are so many things to find on the rocks and in the sand! Posted by Picasa

 

Jim loves playing with the bull kelp. We learned that it can grow up to three feet a DAY in the right conditions! Posted by Picasa

 

What's the beach for if you can't lean up against a piece of driftwood and enjoy the sun and sand? Posted by Picasa

 

I believe that the snails are aliens from outer space, and this is their sand-writing. It was pretty funny seeing all their tracks twine in and around each other's. Who knows where they're going? Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jean said...

ooohhh!

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks for commenting, Jean :P Glad you enjoyed the photo show.

fiorinda said...

Very beautiful. I've never been to the Pacific Ocean. I spent my childhood on the Gulf of Mexico, and it is fascinating to see how very different they are. Now I can't wait for my children to grow up so we can go on vacations like that!

I have a husband who also has to climb every rock he sees. My son isn't brave enough yet.

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks for commenting, Deb. I've been to the Atlantic in Florida (27 years ago!) but never to the Gulf. One thing, the Pacific up here is COLD.