Thursday, June 29, 2006

Books

Back in October, I posted about Creston Mapes' first novel, Dark Star: Confessions of a Rock Idol. I was excited to hear from Creston a couple days ago:
Just firing this note to a few of you who've been kind enough to
help us get the word out about our books. Wanted you to know: Dark Star: Confessions of a Rock Idol has been selected by the Romance Writers of America (RWA) as a finalist for its 2006 Inspirational Readers Choice awards in the category of long, contemporary novel! Awards will presented this summer in Atlanta at the Marriott Marquis hotel.

Meanwhile, Full Tilt is racking up a number of fine reviews, many stating that its story/writing has surpassed the quality of that in Dark Star.

Stay tuned for all the latest, including more about my third novel, a psychological thriller based in Las Vegas, due out in 2007.


Go, Creston!!

In other news, T. L. Hines debut novel is hitting the stands this weekend. I haven't read Waking Lazarus yet (though I have an ARC sitting on my table--thanks, Tony!!) but I'll link to some reviews and mentions tomorrow.

No comments: