Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So close I can almost taste it...

I've sent the novel crit back to Mar and have just four chapters left in the edits of Marks of Repentance. I saved the best for the last, of course. These chapters don't even vaguely resemble the outline they were (theoretically) derived from, and for some reason that I can't remember I thought it would be a good idea to throw in a third pov character four chapters from the end. I had this vague idea that I would let him put in a bit of time earlier in the novel as well, during rewrite. What was I thinking? The book is a love story. The two main characters are the pov characters. This guy doesn't belong. However, he has information...and I now need to figure out how the reader learns this. Duh...when Shanh and Taifa do. But I don't want too much *telling*.

Think think think.

No comments: