Friday, September 22, 2006

Something That Lasts

I finished reading Something That Lasts last night. I wasn't planning to, but I really enjoyed it. It's not a happy book, but I think it is quite realistic and has a bittersweet ending rather than a happily ever after. Well, maybe I shouldn't have given that away!

Yesterday afternoon I popped over to James David Jordan's website and did some poking around. It's a really clean site that well reflects Jim's first novel. I had to chuckle, though, at this bit from his bio page:

Several years ago, James David Jordan set out to write a book of lessons for an adult Sunday school class. He soon found himself embellishing the Bible stories with details that he thought could, or should, have happened. Concerned that the Lord might not view a University of Missouri journalism degree as sufficient qualification to edit His work, Jim decided that the more prudent approach was to weave the stories into the plot of a novel about a family's struggle with faith in the face of scandal and tragedy. The result of his efforts is Something That Lasts, a book about the hope that only faith can provide.


Anyway, if you're curious, please look the book up!

No comments: