Thursday, January 04, 2007

Why make plans?

It seems I make them just to break them.

A couple days ago I found out about a contest for unpublished Christian speculative fiction writers, thought about it (briefly!) and decided to give it a shot. Maybe it was just that my subconscious wanted to play with Marks of Repentance more than it wanted to play with Quest to be Queen. (Play equals revising, which--come to think of it--isn't play, really...don't ask!)

So I've been reading through the three crits on Marks again and making plans for revision. I can see a lot of things more clearly now. This is the novel I wrote in the spring of 2005 and revised last summer, so it's been sitting awhile and I'm eager to get back to it. It is my favorite story thus far.

A few folks are banding together to crit each other's entries, so that will give me something to do for the next month or two. Not that I was bored exactly, you understand.

2 comments:

Maripat said...

Heh...a few of you? How many novels are you planning to read next month?

Good luck, Val.

Valerie Comer said...

Eh, not full novels Maripat. The first 25 pages get entered into the contest.