Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Procrastination

So I'm pretty good at procrastinating, altogether. I'm still playing with my shoot-from-the-hip novel, Connect the Dot, on the Palm most mornings at work. Poor girl. She's in over her head. And I've made progress on Marks also.

But in the spirit of many hands making light work, I've been working hard with Maripat in fine-tuning her synopsis and query letter for a novel I critted for her last year. I know she'll do the same for me...in fact, I'm counting on it. Those things are just plain hard work. After all, if you could tell the story in 3-5 pages, what are the other 450-500 pages for? You see? It makes sense.

And I see this week I'm supposed to post about Sushi for One? by Camy Tang. My copy hasn't come yet but I've found one to read. Just got it tonight and haven't started yet. Sounds good, though. Who wouldn't like *romance with a kick of wasabi*?

3 comments:

Maripat said...

I wouldn't say you procrastinated. And actually I feel awful about hording so much of your time. Thank you for everything.

Hanna said...

sounds like a book I would like :)

Valerie Comer said...

No problem Maripat. You know you'll have a chance to get even! :P

Hanna, you can borrow it if you like!