Friday, September 21, 2007

Thankfulness

You know, we all have a lot to be thankful for, each and every day. No matter our circumstances--there is ALWAYS something to give thanks for.

I've had a rough couple of weeks. I've spent a lot of time with fog-inducing headaches. I've gotten very little done on anything writing related--THINKING related, really. The fog has lifted, at least a bit, and that is one thing I'm thankful for today. But I had a lot to be thankful for a few days ago, too.

Thankful for a husband who loves me and cares about my aches and pains and does what he can to make it easier. Thankful for a home, a shelter, that adjusts to the temperature I need (yay, it's cooling off these days--I even turned on the heat!). Thankful for a kitty's whiskers to brush my face while I lie on the floor and stare at the ceiling (which could use a paint job, I've noticed.) Thankful for friends and family who check in to see how I'm doing, especially when hubby's working out of town.

Thankful...for the enforced quiet time. I'm queen of multi-tasking, but there is a limit to how many things you can do while lying on your back on the floor. Can't hold a book straight up to read for long. Can't watch tv without cricking the neck. Time to just be quiet and think is rarely taken, at least by me.

Be still and know that I am God comes from the Bible. (Psalm 46:10) I don't much like being still. I avoid it. But it has benefits within us, and I'm hoping to learn them.

What are YOU thankful for?

4 comments:

Maripat said...

For my family. They give me strength and they don't even realize it.

For friends who make me laugh when I feel like crying.

For my dogs because they like to cuddle.

Wendy said...

I'm thankful for my family, who loves me and can always make me laugh, for two reasonably well-behaved kids, for our church, for work at home and away, and for the ability to make music. I'm grateful to be old enough not to care what others think. Mostly, though, and thankful and awed that Jesus loves me so much that he came to save me.

Jen said...

I'm thankful for my Mommy-in-Law! Love you Val! *hugs*

chrisd said...

I'm thankful for all those listed above but I'm also thankful for you, Val!

Hope today finds you well.