Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Doin' the Happy Dance

My word count goal for Marks of Repentance all along has been 100K. Today I wrote THE END (for the third--or is it the fourth?--time) with 99,752 words.

Happy sigh.

The last 3000 words or so are pretty much brand new so I know I'll find plenty of little wording errors. Maybe even bigger errors. I may even have forgotten a thing or two I meant to include. And I have new plans for the opening scenes. I know I'm not REALLY done.

But for today, the file is DONE, saved, backed up and closed.

And I'm going to play with something else. No idea what yet. Maybe just customers...

4 comments:

Maripat said...

Excellent, Val!!! Now...can we talk squids?

Valerie Comer said...

Squids, eh? No?

fiorinda said...

Woohoo!!

Margaret M. Fisk said...

I think she means writing something :P. Great work Val :D.