Thursday, March 17, 2005

soooooooo cloooooooooooose.........

It was looking hopeful there for awhile this morning. I wrote over 1800 words and I'm somewhere in the midst of the final chapter. Does that not sound like the perfect time for a peripheral migraine? Writing is not worth the headache. Not worth the chance of pushing it into a full scale one. I closed the file, turned some of the lights on low in the back corner of the store, and stared at the backs of my eyelids. I did NOT nap, honest!!

I can think of a couple of subplots that I did not wrap up adequately, back a chapter or two when I should have. I'll make notes and catch those in revision. For now, I'm just going to glory in the fact that I recognized some of the subplots in the book at all. Have I mentioned that I have a lot of trouble figuring out subplots? My book or your book, doesn't matter. It seems like they're invisible to the naked eye. Anyway, this story has some (yay!) and I haven't tied them up right (not so yay). However, it is progress.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Doesn't an inability to recognize a subplot mean it's skillfully done? Nope? Then you're doing better than I am. I recognize they exist, but mapping them out? Oh, my.

I hope the migraine turned tail and ran.

Valerie Comer said...

I like that, Jean. About not recognizing the subplot because its so well done. It's probably partly true...hmm...