Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back to work

I started to get back in the swing of things on Monday, with another chapter critted, a partial chapter revised, and some research done for an article for Vision ezine for writers. Anyone have any links they'd like to share on the changing face of Christian fiction?

Jim got home yesterday for his four days off. When he comes off of nights he seems to have no trouble sleeping most of the day away, spending a few hours watching tv, and then sleeping all night as well. So I didn't feel too guilty for picking up my new book that FINALLY came in the mail, Deanne Gist's A Bride Most Begrudging. I, er, finished it just before midnight. Good book? Yes. Riveting? Yes. Hilariously funny in places? My word, yes. I read parts of it to Jim (commercials only, of course) and he was amused as well. I told him how Deanne's husband struggled against reading her book, but figured he ought to once it was published (and of course liked it...) and that introduced a whole new batch of questions about my own writiing, and promises to read it any time I was ready. LOL. Gallantly even promised to read it if I wrote a romance. Wow. Deanne, your hubby is being a great example!

1 comment:

Karenee said...

Aha! I checked up on you, and you're still blogging. Amazing!

Perhaps I should follow your example one day.

I'm glad you liked your book.