Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Finding Hope by Brenda Coulter

You may remember that a few weeks ago I was on a brief kick of reading romances from Steeple Hill's Love Inspired line. Being as I am on e-speaking terms with precisely one published author from this line, I figured I should make an effort to read her book. It arrived via inter-library loan a few days ago, and I've now finished reading it. The book? Finding Hope by Brenda Coulter. First off, I'm happy to say that it really was a better written book than the other four of the line, and therefore deserved its status as a Holt Medallion winner in 2004. I found myself chuckling a number of times at various preposterous things that the female character, Hope, said. Brenda's book was also more specifically Christian than the other four, in that Hope's beliefs played a very large role in what made her tick as opposed to tacked on to suit the genre. Brenda's newest book, A Family Forever, will be out in spring and is not yet available for pre-order. I'll be happy to read it when it comes out, especially as Brenda says she's not too keen on the title herself, and had virtually no say in what Steeple Hill titled her book. Ah well.

No comments: