Monday, October 24, 2005

A Vist from the Police

Yesterday my friend-the-RCMP-Officer Tom phoned to say he was in town. He came on down to the farm for supper, and then let me pick his brain about police drug squad work for a couple of hours. Who knows why I'm suddenly interested in drugs? (Not DOing them, you understand...) I got a few little plot twists for the novel from Tom, and a few things that won't work quite the way I thought, but it's all good. I think I can work with reality here. Such a shock. (I mean working with reality is a shock...)

My biggest problem will be reading the notes I wrote while he was here. I was scribbling in an all-fired hurry, trust me. I can hardly read my writing the next day when I've taken my time with it, but today has been too crazy-busy to even open the notebook, until now. And I'm so scared of my own handwriting, I'm in here blogging instead. Not sure what that says about me, or my handwriting.

It's been a busy month at the flooring shop, but today capped it all. Just nutso for hours and hours. I hope it's not like that in November, or it's gonna be harder to get through Nano.

3 comments:

Erin M. Hartshorn said...

If you can't read the notes, you can always call him and ask for clarification, right?

Here's hoping for a slow work month!

Refreshment in Refuge said...

How cool to sit and drink coffee and pick someone's brain! I could really get into that.

Valerie, you have a neat blog here!

I'm returning the hugs, slightly used but tight nevertheless. Did you ever imagine that a commentor could use the word nevertheless twice in one post?

Valerie Comer said...

Thanks for stopping by, Gina! Nevertheless, I'm grateful for the returned hug; today was certainly a day I could make use of it.