Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Two days in - 4971

I guess that makes Nano off to a reasonably good start. Of course, last year I did that many words in the first DAY. let alone two, but I didn't have as much Real Life last year.

I did discover that my male main character, Dean, has more psychological problems than I thought he had. I'm gonna have to get the guy into counseling, because that is NOT what this book is about. Chloe is doing fine. I guess I knew her a little better to start with.

For me to write fifty thousand words on one month's worth of work days alone, my goal is 2381 words per day. If I want to finish tbe entire first draft (you can stop laughing your head off any time now), it would require about a thousand a day more. Or some weekends. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Great work, Val!

Wendy said...

You rock, Val! Send me some of those word-gettin' vibes!