Friday, October 20, 2006

Fairies and Mermaids and Squid...oh my!

I hope the difficulty I'm having pulling this outline together has something to do with the fact that I'm trying to view things from all sides and not plot the easiest way out for Krin.

More of the Murky Middle is filled in, but there is still a gaping hole between scene 27 and the landing point for the ending scenes (estimated at about a 10 scene gap still).

The vampire squid from hell showed back up. They were just way too cool to not put in. They are only about six inches long, and their arms are joined by webbing (think bats). The coolest thing though is that they have photophores all over their bodies...well, go look for yourself!

In other news, I've been researching how to teach children rhythm. This has become very important in Krin's little world, because she does not have a sense of rhythm and will not attain one. (This is the one area where Krin is like me. I can't clap anything but the most basic beat without getting confused!) So there have been some interesting detours on the path to getting a working outline.

Yes, there are fairies and mermaids as well. Why not?

2 comments:

Maripat said...

There is a vampire squid???? And here I thought you were trying to be funny. Good luck.

Valerie Comer said...

Mwahaha.

There really is. :P