Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh yeah...and the kitchen

Just because there is nothing else to think about these days, my entire house is a disaster. Jim is frantically working on moving the gas range today and putting in at least the sink countertop and sink. More countertops would be nice but I'm trying not to be picky!

Every single room of our house--which is barely over 1000 square feet anyway--has stuff stacked all over. And there is a fine layer of sawdust overtop of all the boxes and junk. We're eating out way too much but trying to make even something basic like fruit salad and toast takes forever because nothing at all lives where it ought to and I can't remember where it is. Because it changes every time I DO find it to use it. Because there's never any place to put it back down! And because, if I don't get a sink hooked up today I'm gonna have to take a whack of dishes over to my mother-in-law's house and wash them, because there isn't even room to put out my camping wash basins any more. And a stove would be nice.

Did I mention I'm getting company on Saturday? My nephew Phil, his wife, and two kids ages 7 and 4. So yeah, I need to find the spare bedroom, too. Guess what I'm doing evenings this week? Racing the clock...and the calendar.

2 comments:

chrisd said...

WHAT? You're having company? Good grief, girl!!!!! I thought I was bad.

We gutted our kitchen when I was pg w/ youngest. Guess what happened? Was put on bed rest w/a 4yo and a 2yo and literally no help from either side of the family. My stove was in my dining room and my fridge in front of the bathroom door.

Yeah. Fun times.

My advice is paper plates as much as possible. That and chicken from Sam's Club or Costco.

Valerie Comer said...

Well, the kitchen cupboards arrived a week late, and when we ordered them we didn't know we were getting company. This isn't the kind of company one can say *no* to--they're missionaries and we won't get to see them for another 3-4 years, so we'll take 'em any way we can.

And Chris...how DID you manage with a fridge blocking the bathroom door? Just wondering...