Monday, October 13, 2008

Geocaching with Jim :)

Today we went for a hike and to find a couple of geocaches. Since Jim got his GPS unit last spring, we've been doing a bit more *tourist in the hometown* stuff. We didn't know these rocks were worth climbing before!



We also didn't know there were petroglyphs in the area. The pile of rock known as Twin Peak One had this one on it:



Here Brody and I are in the *cave* under the glyph:



Then we climbed Twin Peak Two and found this:



If you know me in RL, you know I really DON'T do heights. However, I did climb this rock face to get close enough to see the glyphs. Jim had to haul both Brody and I up! This is the perspective shot: see him standing at the bottom left of the photo? PLEASE be impressed I climbed that rock! You can see the rock drawings on the top right.



We found a safe place on the ledge to wait while Jim got some close-up photos.



Somebody loves it when we get out and explore the countryside around our valley!

7 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like it was a fun trip. With that bit of white on Brody's muzzle, he has that "distinguished premature gray" look to him.

Bonnie said...

Wow, that's really cool.

I am impressed about the rock. Not sure I would have tried it. I don't do heights either...

Margaret M. Fisk said...

Oooh, beautiful rocks. And you did great on that tall one. Jacob's comment at finding Jim in the picture was WOOOH!

Valerie Comer said...

Yes, I'm chicken! Without Jim's hand pulling me up and holding me around that tree, I'd never have made it. Thankfully we didn't have to climb back down that way, but climbed back up to the top (left on the photo) and then back down the other side.

Jen Comer said...

Yeaaaa Val! *high five*

Gosh, Brody's getting so big.

Looks like it was a fun day :)

David Bridger said...

I'm impressed! :)

Hey, I have some geocaching in my nano this year, and you two are the first real people I know who've done it.

David Bridger

Maripat said...

Oh that is cool, Val.