Tuesday, March 15, 2005

As promised...

Mick Silva is hosting this month's celebration at his blog My Writers Group. There are quite a few links to various blogs, folks discussing aspects of Christian writing. Check it out if you're interested.

Another decent writing day on the home front, another 1300-plus words to finish a difficult, draining chapter. Somehow, I still think that I have three left to write, which is strange. It's what I thought after the last one... Still, at some point it has to be true, doesn't it?

I spent a couple of hours today actually earning my keep at work. When things cave in, they often do so in a big way. Three separate suppliers' orders got screwed up this week, how ya figure that? We'll see tomorrow if the dust has all settled. Some of it my guys will have to pay for, but one of the suppliers will have to kick in a fair chunk for shipping.

Last night after I went to bed (way too late...) and was nearly asleep, I thought of some plot twists for *Shann*. Being too far gone to reach for the lamp, notebook, and pen, I told myself that this was so obvious I couldn't possibly forget it, because it will naturally arise out of the story. Jeepers, I hope so. Can't for the life of me figure out what part of the story, though. Or what it was. Or what was so ground-breaking at one a.m. Or...

1 comment:

Jean said...

If the only way you can deal with it is to tell yourself, "Three more chapters to go," no matter how many there are--that works. (Presuming you can also deal with "Two more chapters to go," "One more chapter to go," and "ALL DONE!" when you get to them, anyway. :)

I've decided, Writing: It's all about numbers.

You go, Val! Great job.