Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What's new in my little world?

Most of my usual writing time in the past week has been taken up by a novel crit, and I'm not done yet. This one is faster to do than most I've done, because the writer isn't look for a line by line edit, but more of an over all critique. Even that, though, doesn't make it an easy task. There are a lot of categories still to evaluate (using the general critique guidelines found at Forward Motion). Yesterday I finished formulating my rough draft crit of nearly 4000 words, which I'm now leaving sit for a bit before I go back in and edit it. I feel better now that I have *something* together, even if I know I've got a lot of polishing to do.

In other news, my first critique of False Perceptions is back to me now. The target date for the returns isn't until December 31, but the sneak peek at this first one tells me that I have got some work to do. Surprise!! (And here I thought it was perfect...okay we can ALL stop laughing uproarously now.)

I'm also compiling lists of agents who seem like decent matches for me, my novels, and my goals. So many agencies aren't taking new clients that it reminds me yet again of how tough this industry can be to break into. Still, if you've got the itch, you've got to try to scratch it. And the research gives me something to do, because, you know, without it I'd be bored. Right.

Jim's home just now, and last night we went out for dinner and to see the movie Chicken Little. That was amusing, but it does not mean Chicken Little bumps anybody off my list from the sevens down below. Mildly amusing is all.

1 comment:

Jean said...

You're reminding me that I need to get back to the agent match search. I started a little over a year ago and got side-tracked.